Kick off your holidays or business trips by reading this handy guide to the best luggage storage options near Chicago Union Station!
We have visited the world and worked in the travel industry for years. We have always read questions like “can you store luggage at Union Station Chicago” or “is there luggage storage at Union Station Chicago”?
Other questions we find around are: “is Amtrak Chicago Union Station luggage storage reliable” and “what is the most secure baggage storage service”?
You’ll find all the answers you need in this post, but if you don’t have time to read it all, here are the best baggage storage solutions near Union Station. They only cost $6 a day per bag!
Luggage storage Chicago Union Station | Recommended options
Radical Storage calls Chicago bag storage options Angels for a reason! First of all, they were carefully chosen to find the right fit for every traveler!
Second, they assign to your luggage a QR code that means security. This QR is proof that your bags were stored and that you are the owner.
The place in which your luggage is stored is dedicated to Radical Storage and remains locked or supervised at all times.
Plus, a security guarantee of up to €3000 covers each piece of luggage.
All you have to do is choose the Chicago Union Station luggage storage spot that’s right for you!
- 24 hours Chicago Union Station luggage storage | 0,3 miles from Chicago Union Station and 174 feet from Quincy Subway Station (Open 24/7).
- Baggage storage Chicago Union Station | 0,1 miles from Union Station and 0,2 miles from Willis Tower.
- Chicago Union Station luggage storage | 0,1 miles from Chicago Union Station and 0,3 miles from Willis Tower.
- Luggage storage Union Station | 0,2 miles from Union Station and 0,1 miles from Quincy Station.
This service is perfect even if you have just searched on Google the words luggage storage near me and have no idea what is the best service in the area.
Chicago Union Station luggage storage | All you need to know
Radical is a storage network that connects all travelers with local businesses, such as stores, hotels, restaurants, and offices.
Through the dedicated platform or the application, you can find the best ways to store your luggage near Union Station and all over the city!
The service price is $6 per day/per item with no weight limit and no extra cost. This allows you to move around the city comfortably without fear of being late and paying more.
Radical Storage is ideal for those who want to enjoy a vacation or the free time of a business trip to the fullest. It’s also perfect for those in town to see a game or an evening show and want to get rid of bulky backpacks. Many of our baggage storage points are open 24/7.
Unlike Union Station lockers, at our Angels, there are no queues! So you can avoid the anxiety of malfunctioning or entire luggage lockers.
Radical Storage is all over the United States and the world! Contact our online customer service department if you have any questions for us.
Chicago Union Station | Essentials
Chicago Union Station was designed by the architect Daniel Burham and opened in May 1925 after ten years of construction.
Today is the USA’s 3rd-busiest station overall, with 35 million passengers that use it annually. Being in the center of the nation, Union Station is the Midwest’s rail hub and the most accessible station in the Chicago region.
Chicago Union Station architecture is now very composite. Recently, many spaces surrounding (and including) the famous Great Hall have been restored and reused.
- Monday — 5:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Tuesday — 5:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Wednesday — 5:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Thursday — 5:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Friday — 5:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Saturday — 5:00 am to 1:00 am.
- Sunday — 5:00 am to 1:00 am.
Services and amenities
Around the station, you’ll find several amenities, including dining options, a flower store, a few Chicago News Now locations, a shoemaker, MobileQubes to charge your phone, and a nursing capsule for women who are breastfeeding.
How do I get from Union Station to O’Hare airport?
The best way to get to Chicago Airport from Union Station is by CTA train. This line has fast trains that run frequently. The entire trip (including all the waiting and walking) takes about 1 hour and a quarter.
Find more information here.
Chicago Greyhound bus terminal
The Greyhound bus terminal is 0.4 miles from the station.
To get there use the Union Station exits on W Jackson Boulevard, walk to St Jefferson St and turn left onto St Jefferson St. Walk straight to W Harrison St.
You can find ticketing in the Passenger Services Office in the corridor between the Great Hall and the Concourse. Besides, you can print and get ticket assistance at the blue Amtrak kiosks in the Great Hall.
Metra ticket office is situated in the heart of the Concourse Level of the station. Alternatively, you can also buy tickets using the mobile Ventra app. A penalty applies when purchasing tickets from onboard staff.
You’ll find Greyhound ticketing in the South Concourse. For further information, visit the Greyhound website.
Places to visit near Chicago Union Station
- Adams Street Bridge – A bridge that crosses the Chicago River in downtown Chicago and connects Union Station with the long Adam Street. At the end of the street, you will find the Art Institute.
- The Art Institute of Chicago – Renowned museum housing nearly 300,000 works of art from around the world, spanning many centuries. Check how to buy a ticket.
- Millennium Park – A 24.5-acre green space located just yards from the Art Institute. Nearby storage locations.