There is no need to drag your bags around with you as you explore the city on a layover or before catching your train back home. Read now our guide to the best luggage storage service in Washington DC, and enjoy the day!
How many times have you headed to the airport early to sit around waiting for your flight? And how many times have you visited every store in the station, read magazines you’ve never bought before to make the time pass?
By reading this guide, you’ll learn about a unique bag storage platform that allows you to store your bags in minutes without spending a fortune!
Luggage storage Washington DC | Low-priced and safe solutions
We know it’s not easy to get rid of heavy suitcases while visiting the States. Strict controls, pandemics, and high prices make such a simple task quite complicated. However, there’s a service that works like Airbnb by which you can drop off any kind of luggage anywhere.
Radical Storage is the platform that manages these luggage storage options in Washington DC, and it is bookable entirely online.
Here are the most recommended options + their reviews.
- Luggage storage Downtown Washington | 249 feet from Farragut North Subway Station and 0,1 miles from National Geographic Museum.
- Luggage storage Washington DC Union Station | 0,3 miles from Union Station Bus Terminal, 0,4 miles from Stanton Park, and 0,5 miles from Columbus Circle.
- Connecticut Ave luggage storage | 0,2 miles from The Phillips Collection and 0,4 miles from Dupont Circle.
- Luggage storage Washington DC Airport | Coming soon!
Radical Storage connects you with local companies, such as 24-hour hotels, stores, restaurants, and offices.
With our service, you can feel safe, because you’ll be sure to leave your belongings with carefully chosen professionals.
Not everyone can become an Angel of Radical Storage – this is the name we give to all our partners. An Angel is the owner of a reliable local business with a space suitable for our users’ suitcases.
Visit our website or open the luggage storage app to choose the guardian of your luggage. The staff will already be informed of your arrival and will be ready to place your bags in a safe and constantly supervised area.
Radical Storage is highly recommended by the best Airbnb hosts in the city and is preferred for its efficiency over traditional luggage lockers.
Luggage storage Washington | Price
Storing your luggage with Radical Storage will only cost you $6 per day and per item at no additional charge. This rate is valid throughout the United States.
You may have used a storage place at airports and train stations around the world, but we’re sure you’ve never seen a service with such a great daily rate.
Besides, this fixed rate of ours has no additional fees of any kind. For example, if you have one regular suitcase and one very bulky one, you won’t pay extra for the bulky one.
Then, if you want to take it easy without thinking too much about the schedule, our service is ideal. Drop-off and pick-up times are flexible to meet your needs and make sure you have a stress-free day.
But there’s more. Every piece of luggage you leave with our Angels is covered by a security guarantee of up to $3000.
Plus, within the confirmation message, you’ll find many advantageous offers dedicated to the world of travel. In some cities, you can also download free maps and digital audio guides to make your vacation even richer.
Radical is your self storage in Washington DC and makes your vacation or business trip much lighter and pleasant!
Beyond being convenient, it has other pros:
- Our customer service is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week;
- We send all the users a QR code (our digital security seal) to help your Angel recognize your bags immediately and to speed up check-in and check-out;
- Our storage options are dotted throughout the city and not far from hotspots like the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian Museums, and the National Mall;
- People who store luggage with us can take advantage of several discounts and special offers;
- We don’t allow free cancellation, but you can reach out to us if you want to change something about your booking.
Our users can read all the reviews of our bag storage points on each page.
How to book your luggage storage in Washington D.C.
Contrary to lockers in DC metro stations or lockers at South Station, our service can be booked online directly.
Once you’ve found the baggage storage place that meets your needs, select the schedule and the amount of bags, then tap on the book now button.
The payment system is 100% secure, and you can purchase your storage place with your credit card or any other payment method.
At the end of the booking process, you’ll view the exact location of our partner and the map to reach it.
Besides downloading our app, you can easily manage your bookings, change the time and add more items.
Washington DC City Guide
The capital of the US is a fantastic city with multiple personalities: a metropolis with 692,683 people (update 2022), a federal working town, a cosmopolitan center, and a lovely tourist destination.
The best time to visit Washington is autumn (September through November). During this time, the weather is good, the tourist hordes are gone, and plenty of events are still going on.
The city has a temperate climate with high humidity levels throughout the year, so it’s good to bring a good umbrella with you. Winters are pretty harsh, so remember to dress warmly.
Airports and major stations
The Washington DC region has three major airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (code: DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI).
The one closest to the capital is Reagan National Airport which is only 4 miles away.
If you’re moving by train, you’ll arrive or depart from Washington Union Station. This is the city’s main station housed in a true architectural masterpiece. Get directions.
How to get around
- Metrorail – The Washington DC Metro is an excellent way to get from one neighborhood to another. Trains are running from the early morning hours until midnight and beyond. Get your ticket.
- Metrobus – The D.C. city bus system is efficient but relatively slow during peak hours – as in all large cities. Get your ticket.
- Old Town Trolley – If you want to relax a bit, a tour aboard the Old Town Trolley is perfect. You’ll see more than 100 of the most significant sights, including monuments, museums, and historical places.
- DC Circulator – Another bus to consider when visiting DC is the DC Circulator. These buses run every 10 minutes through many of the capital’s most popular locations. On weekends, the buses make a loop around the National Mall.
- Georgetown Metro – This shuttles line is operated by a private company and takes visitors from Dupont Circle and Rosslyn, Virginia stations. There are numerous stops in Georgetown, and fares vary depending on where you get off.
- Bike – Like any city in the world, Washington has plenty of companies that provide bikes or segways for rent. Choose your bike.
- Cab – Renting a car to move around in DC is not recommended. Much better to hail a cab or use Uber.
The Smithsonian Institution is the largest museum and research complex globally, boasting 19 museums and the National Zoological Park. You definitely won’t have time to visit all 19 museums, but we recommend stopping by the most important ones:
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Anacostia Community Museum
- National Air and Space Museum
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- National Museum of American History.
Traveling to other cities as well? Check out our luggage storage options in all major U.S. and European cities.
- How to book bag storage locations
- Luggage storage Boston
- Best luggage storage locations in New York City.